Sunbeam Community & Developmental Services is a non-profit, multi-site, multi-faceted organization that is committed to serving children, youth, adults, and seniors living with complex developmental, intellectual, behavioural, and/or physical disabilities.
Community Living Services (CLS) is one of three operating divisions of Sunbeam. CLS operates 21 residential care homes (group homes) and overnight respite sites, as well as a day programming, passport funded activities and a variety of therapeutic support services, resources and amenities for residential and community clients.
As a member of a support team, RPNs in our group homes will work in conjunction with a Multi-Disciplinary team to ensure a welcoming, safe and healthy living environment for clients including those with challenging aggressive behaviours. You will be required to assist clients with: Developmental Programming, Community Outings, Activities of Daily Living, Behaviour Interventions and Medication Administration.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- Current membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Knowledge and experience in supporting individuals with Developmental Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Dual Diagnosis, Autism, Challenging and Aggressive Behaviours and Complex Medical Needs
- Experience with facilitating and supporting Person Centered Planning
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, electronic record keeping and data collection systems
- Must be comfortable entering a shallow chlorinated swimming pool and supporting individuals at indoor/outdoor community events
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (G2 minimum) and willingness to drive any of the agency vehicles
- Able to successfully complete and provide a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Able to commit to working up to three shifts per week/up to 24 hours per week (must be available for a variety of shifts: nights, evenings, afternoons, and days) and two out of three weekends
What We Offer:
- Hiring Incentive program up to $5000 awarded to newly hired RPN (applicable to terms and conditions)
- EAP available immediately to staff and their family
- Employee/Employer contribution to Nursing Home and Related Industries Pension Plan
- Opportunities for Full Time employment
Sunbeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Sunbeam offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Sunbeam regarding an interview, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to:
Starting Wage: $31.38 – $31.84 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com