Part-time Evening and Night RNs Needed
Sunbeam Community & Developmental Services is a non-profit, multi-site, multi-faceted organization that is committed to serving children, youth, adults, and seniors living with complex developmental, intellectual, behavioural, and/or physical disabilities.
Community Living Services (CLS) is one of three operating divisions of Sunbeam. CLS operates 21 residential care homes (group homes) and overnight respite sites, as well as a day programming, passport funded activities and a variety of therapeutic support services, resources and amenities for residential and community clients.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments for clients and assist with the creation and on-going updating of individualized Person-Centered Support Plans (PCSPs)
- Assess, plan, implement, document, evaluate, and revise plan of health care for individual clients
- Conduct formal and informal healthcare teaching to regulated and non-regulated healthcare providers
- Work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team to identify, predict, and prevent concerns
- Assist and support staff and families to respond to the changing needs of clients with developmental disabilities who are aging and experiencing declining health.
- Provide direct healthcare teaching to clients with developmental disabilities about understanding their illnesses, nutrition, sexuality, medications, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Review medication errors, providing direction, support, and re-training as necessary
- Manage, schedule, and administer client
- Participates in continuing education, to maintain and expand current knowledge and skills
- Participate in orientation and on-going support and training of new and existing regulated and unregulated staff
- Perform other related duties as required
- Highly motivated individual who possess a positive attitude and excellent leadership/mentor skills
- Current certificate of registration as a Registered Nurse in Ontario
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate
- Sc.N. or Nursing Diploma with relevant related experience
- Nursing experience using a consultative model in a community setting
- Broad base of clinical experience including:
- Extensive knowledge of range of developmental disabilities and associated risk factors and disorders
- Experience with the needs/issues of children and adults with developmentally disabilities with concurrent complex, psychiatric and physical challenges, across the full health-illness spectrum
- Health care teaching/training experience:
- Training needs assessment, research, course development and delivery, learner evaluation
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, effective verbal/written, communication and consulting skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with electronic documentation
- Excellent attendance record, dependable, dedicated, compassionate and flexible.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Valid driver’s license (G2 minimum) and reliable transportation
What We Offer:
- EAP available immediately to staff and their family
- Opportunities for Full Time Employment
Sunbeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Sunbeam offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Sunbeam regarding an interview, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to:
Starting Wage: $31.67 – $47.95 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org