Position Overview: The CLS Supervisor is responsible to plan, organize, direct and lead, the provision of community living supports and services to people with living in assigned group homes. To coordinate and manage the resources, human and fiscal, allocated to each programs and services; to participate in staff training initiatives, in, by acting as the group home or assigned program lead. The CLS Supervisor is also responsible to coordinate, plan and ensure programs and activities are delivered under the principles of Social Inclusion for people with Developmental Disabilities, Sunbeam’s mission, vision, and person-centered values.
- Work collaboratively to ensure programs and services are delivered in accordance to the agency policies and procedures, abiding to Ministry regulations and honoring the agency’s values of inclusion and community participation.
- Assess and evaluate programs on a regular basis to determine quality, effectiveness and engagement of programs offered.
- Maintain accurate records, planning and managing all services offered in the programs, and coordinate community participation supports; utilizing appropriate community based resources and services to enhance opportunities directed by the person goals and dream outlined in their Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Managing and directing the human resources involved in supporting people, including the participation in recruiting, hiring, orienting, and training of new staff; planning, assigning and directing work of current staff; communicating performance expectations and accountability including evaluating, rewarding, and disciplining; ensuring safe workplace practices. Completing WCB incident forms and follow up as required, identifying the need for training.
- Encouraging skill and professional development; acting as a ‘coach’ promoting and guiding staff towards independence in problem solving and decision making; ensuring compliance with existing policies, legislation and collective agreements; ensuring optimal communication through regular and mandatory team meetings; participating in staff training initiatives.
- Manage the fiscal resources allocated to the program(s) assigned including providing information to assist in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets, monitoring spending, during the fiscal year, ordering supplies and equipment and maintaining relevant inventories.
- Collaborate with other Community Living Services.
Education and Technical Competencies
- The skills and knowledge required for this position are typically associated with the completion of a University Degree or College Diploma in the field of Social Services or Community Health; supplemented by several years of progressively responsible experience in a supervisory capacity; experience supporting individuals with complexity of needs and supports in a community group home setting where supports are provided by both registered and non-registered personnel working in a multi-disciplinary fashion.
- Computer software and documentation knowledge.
- Familiar with social services and community resources, amenities and recreation/social/community activities and opportunities within Waterloo Region and beyond is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 to: email@example.com
Sunbeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Sunbeam offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Sunbeam regarding an interview, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org