Sunbeam Community & Developmental Services is a non-profit, multi-site, multi-faceted organization that is committed to serving children, youth, adults, and seniors living with complex developmental, intellectual, behavioural, and/or physical disabilities.
Community Living Services (CLS) is one of three operating divisions of Sunbeam. CLS operates 21 residential care homes (group homes) and overnight respite sites, as well as a day programming, passport funded activities and a variety of therapeutic support services, resources and amenities for residential and community clients.
As a member of a support team, Behaviour Support Workers in our group homes will work in conjunction with a Multi-Disciplinary team to ensure a welcoming, safe and healthy living environment for clients with challenging aggressive behaviours. You will be required to assist clients with: Developmental Programming, Community Outings, Activities of Daily Living, Behaviour Interventions and Medication Administration.
- Diploma/Degree in Social Services (DSW, PSW, CYW, Autism and Behavioural Sciences). Related experience is preferred. Will consider equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and experience in supporting individuals with Developmental Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Dual Diagnosis, Autism, Challenging and Aggressive Behaviours and Complex Medical Needs considered an asset
- Experience and flexibility in providing support to individuals with severe emotional and behavioural difficulties; ability to perform all techniques taught in Safe Management
- Experience with facilitating and supporting Person Centered Planning
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, electronic record keeping and data collection systems
- Must be comfortable supporting individuals at indoor/outdoor community events
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (G2 minimum) and willingness to drive any of the agency vehicles (including highway driving/driving out of town)
- Able to successfully complete and provide a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Able to commit to working up to three shifts per week/up to 24 hours per week (must be available for a variety of shifts: nights, evenings, afternoons, and days) and two out of three weekends
- Previous experience working with individuals with highly aggressive behaviours, dual-diagnosis, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities and/or medical needs is considered an asset
What We Offer:
- EAP available immediately to staff and their family
- Employee/Employer contribution to Nursing Home and Related Industries Pension Plan
Sunbeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Sunbeam offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Sunbeam regarding an interview, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to:
Starting Wage: $25.68 – $29.14 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org